If it is published in 2019, or a 10% discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, including the CC-BY Open Access option, if it is published in 2020 if you transfer your manuscript to Journal of the Endocrine Society (JES) after initial submission is declined by JCEM and it is accepted for publication in JES, you can claim a single-use code entitling you to a $500 discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, except for the CC-BY Open Access option. To claim a price reduction, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at email@example.com informational essay outline.
Post-Publication Access Policies and Funder Demands
- Articles funded by the National Institutes of wellness (NIH), Wellcome Trust, Howard Hughes health Institute (HHMI), and Canadian Institutes of Health analysis (CIHR) is going to be submitted to PubMed Central after last problem book and certainly will be manufactured freely for sale in one year.
- You can find extra US national Agencies and funders that are private have actually partnerships utilizing the nationwide Library of Medicine to leverage the PubMed Central infrastructure. A listing of these businesses is found. For certain here is how to adhere to the policies of the funders, be sure to see their internet sites. Info on depositing a paper in PubMed Central in conformity having a general public access policy.
- Take note that some funders (for instance the Wellcome Trust and Research Councils UK) might need book under an Open Access permit and payment that is subsequent of charge. Start access expenses and book fees are authorized expenses that are grant which authors can look for reimbursement through the Wellcome Trust, analysis Councils UK, or funders running under their policies. These articles will support the following language: “This is an Open Access article distributed beneath the regards to the imaginative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY; imaginative commons site), which permits unrestricted reuse, circulation, and reproduction in virtually any medium, supplied the initial work is precisely cited.”
- If for example the manuscript is accepted for book, you’re going to be expected during the evidence phase to ensure the financing way to obtain your paper and also to consent to spend any post-publication that is applicable charges.
- Reimbursement: Although we have been generally speaking struggling to process cancellations, refunds, or returns of Open Access costs after book, writers looking for reimbursement should contact the principle Publications Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscript Preparation Instructions and Checklist
Below is just a list associated with the format that is basic. To find out more, see Editorial Policies. For those who have any concerns, contact the editorial staff at email@example.com.
Tips on General Preparation of Initial Submissions
- Read the Editorial Policies. NOTE: Endocrine Society journals enable submissions from preprints: see Preprint Repositories and Prior Publication.
- For initial submissions JUST, writers may upload A pdf that is single of distribution files. Nonetheless, if writers elect to upload a .doc form of their manuscript file, the device should be able to draw out most of the metadata immediately, which might speed moving through the submission form that is online. Take note that no matter which option writers choose, text, numbers, and tables should be uploaded as split files at modification.
- Submit paper in English through the Editorial Manager system.
- Make use of double-spaced, single-column structure with 1-inch margins.
- Utilize line that is continuous through the entire manuscript. Manuscripts presented without line figures would be came back.
- Paginate the document that is entire.
- Spot all tables and numbers following the references and label each clearly.
- Gather required information before you start the submission procedure in Editorial Manager:
- Comprehensive names, organizations, and e-mail details for every writer.
- Publishing authors have to provide an ORCiD whenever uploading a manuscript.
- Appropriate funding information for every author.
- Disclosure information for every writer.
- Names and e-mail details for three suggested reviewers.
- Initial manuscript number if manuscript being submitted was once refused because of the log to which it really is being resubmitted.
- No resume cover letter is necessary. A text block is provided throughout the distribution procedure for unique needs.
- Appropriate figure file specs as detailed within the Figure directions have already been followed.
Tips on General Preparation of Revised Submissions
- At modification, two variations of the manuscript are going to be needed: (1) a copy that is marked-up be properly used for editor and reviewer purposes that shows all changes built to the writing, legends, and tables with either highlighting, colored text, or tracked changes and (2) A clean, un-marked content that features all color and mark-up taken out of text, legends, and tables which will be employed by manufacturing, when your manuscript be accepted. Both variations of the manuscript ought to be ready in and presented as MS term files.
- Please be aware that irrespective of one content color that is showing markup, the 2 copies of the manuscript should both consist of all revisions and get identical. The copy that is clean include all revisions reflected within the marked-up version, but have actually tracked modifications accepted and highlighting/colored text reverted to black colored and white.
- Use continuous line numbering throughout both the noticeable manuscript as well as the clean manuscript document. Manuscripts presented without line numbers may be came back.
Authorization to Reproduce or Adapt Figures/Tables
Reproduced and adapted numbers and tables are permitted only in mini-reviews. Observe that the permissions staff can assist the writer with distinguishing the type that is appropriate of to have. Whenever determining the status of a figure / dining dining table, be sure to use these definitions:
ORIGINAL: in the event that you created a figure or dining table specifically for the work being submitted, that is an initial with no permissions are needed.
REPRODUCED: then it is reproduced if a figure or table appears in a new publication exactly as it appeared in the original publication. Authorization must certanly be written by the publisher and attribution towards the initial supply must be supplied.
ADJUSTED: If a figure or dining dining table is adjusted, it really is modified from the initial look but nevertheless closely resembles the initial. Authorization must certanly be written by the publisher and attribution to your source that is original be supplied.
In cases where a figure or dining table makes use of elements from another supply, or sources that are multiple writers have the effect of determining in the event that figure is “Adapted” or “Transformative”.
Then your reproduction of their data/illustrative elements is a derivative work (or “adaptation”) if you create a figure or table that (1) includes someone else’s previously published data or illustrative elements AND (2) their data/illustrative elements are incorporated into your work to illustrate similar facts or conclusions,. Authorization must certanly be acquired through the owner and a citation towards the initial work must be provided in your figure/table legend.
Then your usage could be “transformative. in case your utilization of somebody else’s previously posted information or illustrative elements in your figure or table goes past just adjusting their act as described above,” You may not need to obtain permission, but you do need to provide a citation if you believe the work is transformative.
To be transformative, your usage should include one thing uniquely a new comer to the root data/illustrative elements or provide a unique function, function, or character as compared to work that is original. One element to think about is whether the work that is new remain competitive with or as supplanting the need for the initial. Transformative works aren’t often competitive because of the initial work. You need to seek guidance from your appropriate institutional officers to determine the legal status of the figures and tables you include with your submitted manuscript and provide the appropriate language in the figure/table legend if you believe your use is transformative.
In the event that you determine work is “transformative” and doesn’t need authorization through the owner, you have to approve it as a result and then make an obvious declaration (citation) when you look at the figure/table legend in regards to the source of the information. It’s important that certain situations be plainly evaluated because of the writers if required, the institution(s) accountable for the task submitted by the writers. Writers must certanly be ready to give you the editorial workplace with documents showing the first figure or dining table and explaining the transformative nature associated with work that is new.